Thursday, January 28, 2010

Moving!

I think I have an addiction to moving. Something about packing up every little thing I own in a box and moving it to somewhere new just brings out a different side of me. But no, we aren't just moving so I can pack my things in boxes haha.





After much thought and deliberation, Jeff and I have decided to move back to Greeley. Last may, we decided to move back to our "hometown" Longmont. We thought we hated Greeley and looked at moving back to Longmont as a way to fix it all. We missed our families, and they missed us. So we broke our lease, packed it all up, and moved into an apartment here in Longmont. It took a lot of sacrifice, some of which I don't even want to think of. I lost my job when we moved and remained unemployed throughout the entire summer, we were always cooped up because we didn't even have 5 bucks for gas to go anywhere. Jeff's job performance has sufferened because his zone is in Greeley, so he has to drive for an hour to respond to a simple call that would've taken 5 minutes when we lived there!





Also, we feel like our relationship with Jeff's family has suffered. When we lived in Greeley we saw them once every couple weeks. We would drive down and stay with them for the weekend. It was always a pleasure to see everyone, and everyone was happy to see us. Now that we live 5 minutes away from them, we feel like everyone is getting sick of eachother. It seems like there is always a family fued going on and tensions are high. We think maybe some distance would improve our relationships.





My little sister is going to UNC in Greeley for college next fall. I am worried about her being all alone up there. At least if we lived up there she could come over if she was starving to death, or if she was just lonely and needed some company.





So without further adue, here is one of the home styles we are looking at to rent.


It's a gorgeous home in a brand new community. 3 bedrooms 2 baths and a full finished basement. 2 car garage, with a doggie door, and dog run outside, huge backyard fully landscaped with while vinyl fencing. All for less than we are paying for our apartment now, and a ridiculously low deposit!

We are checking it out on Feb 13th, we will update as our plans unfold!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! That house you want to rent looks great and if it's less than your apartment now, you can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that house!! I thought of you a couple days ago as I was trying to come up with ideas to bring some life into our rent home without actually painting the walls, so I bought some fun curtains. lol Renting a home is so much better than an apartment though because you get your own yard and garden and puppies or kittens or BABIES if you want them! hahaha Good luck with everything, it sounds like a good plan. :)

    ReplyDelete