Monday, July 6, 2009

Quotes for the mind

I have been researching Buddhism a lot lately. Here are some quotes that have really "sold" me, if you will, on the "religion." The more I research, the more I realize that this way of life is full of peace and everything I am lacking in my life. I can not wait to learn more and truly decide if this is for me.

If you are having a bad day, or just want a little enlightment, here are some quotes that touched me tonight.

  • Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
  • Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
  • My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. (probably one of my favorites)
  • Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.


No comments:

Post a Comment