Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A great night, and Pot Roast!

We had my dad and sister over for dinner tonight. I cooked a pot roast and a strawberry cake (boxed cake nothing fancy). Here's some simple directions to cooking the pot roast...

Take your chuck roast or brisket and put it in a crockpot/slow cooker, cover it 3/4 way with water. Turn your heat to low (8 hour cook time) or high (4 hour cook time) and let your meat cook a little (about an hour).

Then add your vegies (onions, baby carrots, and potatoes) and two packs of onion soup mix (I use lipton recipe secrets). Let everything cook for the remaining time (one hour from finished turn the heat to HIGH)























Check your meat and make sure its done, make sure your vegies are soft and serve! I added whole pepper for taste and just because I think it looks cool.


















Everyone really enjoyed it!



















And we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset from our deck



No comments:

Post a Comment